Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Protect Your Investments With a Silver Coin

When I was little, my brother and I would often visit our grandparents on the weekends. Every time, my grandfather used to give a silver coin to each of us: a silver dollar for my brother and a half dollar for me. We largely disregarded the act since everybody knew it wasn't cool to use them anymore. Back then, I would have much rather had quarters that would go into a video game machine at the arcade. Now I wish I had those old coins back.

KENNEDY SILVER DOLLARS

When a friend told me recently that he had his half dollar collection valued and that his 1964 Kennedy silver half dollars were worth over five dollars each, I thought I would cry. I know as a child it is likely that if I lost one silver coin that I probably lost a thousand of those things over the years. My brother's coins remain in a safe deposit box to this day and he refuses to tell me how much they are worth.

A few years ago, I rediscovered the value of the silver coin when a friend suggested that I invest in silver instead of the stock market. I laughed at first but after he presented me with the facts, I realized that he was on to something.

SILVER IS IN SHORT SUPPLY

There is a low, limited amount of silver in the world today. Unlike gold, which is largely used for jewelry and adornment only, silver is being used at an unprecedented rate in the production of televisions and cell phones. That means the value can only go up as the supply goes down. Remember the law of supply vs. demand from school?

Precious metals like gold and silver will retain their value far longer than other investment alternatives - just look at the nose dive that everyone's 401k took when the stock market tanked in 2008. Don't you want to find out how to secure your finances against the loss of this type of downfall in the future?

Ready to learn some of what I found out about the history of the silver coin and why it is such a fantastic way to protect your overall investment strategy? Download my free eBook called, Guide to Silver Coin Investing, and learn that and much more. Or you could just continue to invest in companies that may or may not even exist on the stock market this time next year.

Many people are curious about how to protect their money, but often overlook the many benefits of silver coins. Take a look at our Free Guide to get started today.

Get the Best Deals on Gold and Silver Coins
Don't Pay Too Much for Gold and Silver Coins

No comments: